It is officially pumpkin season!
Whether you’ll be eating them or carving funky faces in them for your Halloween display ready for the end of the month.
The squash family can be a delicious addition to most winter meals and an easy wholesome meal is a definitely a screamy and delious soup!
- 1 medium chopped and deseeded pumpkin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 onions, ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 carrots⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 maris piper potato⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 garlic cloves ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp oil of choice⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 pint of vegetable stock ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 100ml double cream⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Garnish: Pumpkin seeds, goats or blue cheese⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Seasoning: salt and pepper⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Fry chopped onion, carrots, garlic and bay leaf in some oil. Cook over a low–medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potato and pumpkin to the pan and cook for another 4 minutes. Add the stock and seasoning and bring pan to boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for around 40 minutes until the pumpkin is really tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup until smooth in a blender.
- Add the cream and a some more stock if the soup is too thick. Add more seasoning if required.
- Reheat the pan and fry some pumpkin seeds until they pop. You’re now ready to serve the soup and top with your garnish.
BONUS: Crumble some goat’s cheese or crumbly blue cheese for a little falvoursome topping.
Enjoy and tag us in your creations!