This recipe is tasty and packed full of all the good things. It’s a very easy recipe to make and pretty much everything can be swapped out for something else.
My granola is always different as I usually use whatever is the cupboard and in this case it was a bit of everything! For instance, if you love hazelnuts, then ditch all the other nuts I suggest below and go ape on the hazelnuts – nobody is stopping you!
You can take out the protein powder if you don’t want the extra boost, but it will be bitter. I add it for both the sweetness and protein. Double win.
If you are going keto try stick to a protein powder that is obviously low in carbs like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey.
100g coconut oil – melted
125g butter – melted
100g protein powder
100g almond flakes
50g cocoa nibs
50g cocoa powder
100g sunflower seeds
50g milled linseed – I used the Linwood one with goji berries, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds blended in
50g coconut flakes
100g shredded coconut
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Melt the butter and coconut oil and pour over the dry ingredients
- Mix until everything is coated in one delicious-chocolate-oily mess
- Place in a large oven tray, spread out, and bake at 180° for 25-30 mins. The longer you bake it the crunchier it will be, but don’t burn it!
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and store in an airtight container